Seafood in Schools (“We”) respects your right to personal privacy and approaches all communications through our website with respect for, and commitment to, protecting your privacy rights.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable person other than the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
What Personal Information Does Seafood in Schools collect?
Seafood in Schools may collect personal information regarding you when you voluntarily provide it to us using our Site, or any other means that We may make available to you from time to time. For example, We may ask you to provide personal information, such as your full name, mailing address, telephone number and email address if you:
- purchase a subscription to Seafood in Schools;
- register for a contest or other promotion that We may offer;
- register as a user of this Site;
- participate in a review, survey, a consumer research panel, or similar type of activity;
- ask to receive online information from us; and/or
- otherwise participate in features of our Site that ask for personal information.
In addition, if you purchase or otherwise request a product, publication, or promotional offering from us you may be required to provide your payment information (such as a credit card number) in order for us to process your request.
Why does Seafood in Schools collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information from you only for the purposes we identify to you at, or prior to, the time we collect such personal information. We do not require any personal information in order for you to view or navigate the Site.
Where the collection of personal information is necessary for us to provide the services you have requested, for example, when you subscribe to receive Seafood in Schools, sign up for our newsletter, register for the Site, or contact us with a question, you will know because the purposes for which your personal information is collected will be identified to you. For example, we may collect, your name, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and postal code and, if necessary, financial information such as, your credit card number(s) and expiry date(s) for subscription and billing purposes.
If you are a subscriber to the print and/or edition of the magazine, Seafood in Schools may rent your personal information to direct-response mailers for the purposes of providing you with information about products or services which may be of interest to you. You can choose to opt-out of this service when entering your personal information on our subscription form, or you can withdraw your consent to this at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. If you sign up for the Seafood in Schools newsletter or register for the Site, we will not rent your name or email address.
We will not collect more information than is necessary to provide you with the services you have requested.
How does Seafood in Schools use the personal information it has collected from you?
We will only use the personal information you provide for the purposes for which it was collected and which we disclose to you. We may collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill all matters related to your subscription to Seafood in Schools, including any billing requirements and providing you with your subscription;
- To correspond with you to advise you of updates and news, to respond to your questions or comments and/or to send out brochures, special features and other information related to Seafood in Schools or our company.
- To provide you with our email newsletter. We note that the email newsletter registration form is strictly optional.
- To provide you with notification of design-related events and offers.
- To customize the advertising and content you see.
- If a user chooses to send us a reader comment, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, we may store these comments along with the users personal information, if provided. Subject to Seafood in Schools’s discretion and the user’s consent, a user’s comments, as is or as may be edited, may be posted on the Site.
- To carry out any other purpose that we disclose to you at the time of collection, and to which you consent.
Does Seafood in Schools collect personal information from children?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children under the age of 13. For that reason, we never knowingly solicit, collect, store or disclose information via our Site from children under 13 years of age and, no part of our Site is structured to be directed to individuals under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 wishes to disclose to us personal information, he/she must provide us with his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s e-mail address so that we can obtain express consent from them. If a child has already provided us with personal information, his/her parent or legal guardian may contact us using the contact information provided below, for the purpose of correcting or deleting such information. We encourage parents of children under the age of 13 to regularly check and monitor their children’s use of e-mail and the Site.
Links and disclaimer of linked sites
What type of security does Seafood in Schools provide?
We regard the security of personal information to be of paramount importance. As such, We have taken technical, contractual, organizational and physical security steps to protect the personal information collected from you on the Site with a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information collected. Personal information we collect is maintained with the source of the information in Toronto, Ontario, and may be stored on servers located in the United States. Only our authorized employees who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your personal information. Your Seafood in Schools profile information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. To protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer, sign off once you have finished using a shared computer. Our security measures are periodically reviewed and updated when deemed necessary.
What about notification of changes?
Seafood in Schools reserves the right to modify or supplement this Policy at any time. If we decide to change this Policy, we will post those changes on our Site so our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we may disclose it. Seafood in Schools will seek an individual’s consent if it seeks to collect, use or disclose his or her personal information for purposes other than those to which the individual has consented unless otherwise required or permitted by law.